Welcome to Radical Events Ottawa! Learn more about the list here. See the full calendar here.
Please Note: Events listed on this calendar are not organized by the Punch Up Collective unless otherwise noted in the event details.
- This event has passed.
May 31 @ 7:00 am
CANSEC is North America’s largest arms fair.
The presenters and exhibitors list doubles as a Rolodex of the world’s worst corporate criminals. From Ukraine to Yemen, from Palestine to Colombia, from Somalia to Syria, from Afghanistan and Haiti to Ethiopia and Libya, no one profits more from war and bloodshed than the companies and individuals at CANSEC.
It’s time to show up in force to oppose CANSEC and the profiteering from war and violence it is designed to support.
The world is run (and ravaged) by people who wake up early. On May 31st we need to wake up earlier than them to beat them to their fair. Join us at the convention bright and early as it begins to ensure everyone showing up knows they are NOT welcome in Ottawa or to continue their deadly business as usual.
ALL OUT for a protest on May 31 2023 starting at 7:00am at the EY Centre (4899 Uplands Drive by the airport) in Ottawa.
Exhibitors this year include:
- Elbit Systems – supplies 85% of drones used by the Israeli military to monitor and attack Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza, and infamously the bullet used to murder Palestinian journalist Shireen Abu Akleh
- General Dynamics Land Systems-Canada – makes the billions of dollars of Light Armoured Vehicles (tanks) Canada exports to Saudi Arabia
- L3Harris Technologies – now bidding to sell armed drones to Canada to drop bombs overseas and surveil Canadian protests
- Lockheed Martin – by far the largest weapons producer in the world, they brag about arming over 50 countries, including many of the most oppressive governments and dictatorships
- Colt Canada – sells guns to the RCMP, including C-IRG, the militarized RCMP unit terrorizing Indigenous land defenders in service of oil and logging companies.
More info here: https://worldbeyondwar.org/cansec
This protest is happening on unceded Algonquin territory. It is hosted by the No CANSEC coalition.