Welcome to Radical Events Ottawa! Learn more about the list here. See the full calendar here.
Please Note: Events listed on this calendar are not organized by the Punch Up Collective unless otherwise noted in the event details.
- This event has passed.
Critical Mass bike ride
August 25 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pmfree
Friday August 25, Departure at 6pm
People on bikes are people too!
Whose streets? Our streets!
We’re not blocking traffic, we are traffic!
No route, no leader, just fun.
Same place, same time, last Friday of every month.
Ride slow, stick together! Take the lane – safety in numbers. No route, whoever is in front leads the way! Thank the corkers and smile at drivers 🙂
How the ride works:
1. Show up before 6
2. Start circling the fountain at 6pm, and follow whoever leaves first
3. Ride around slowly on streets without bike lanes, take up the entire car lane. If it’s a 2-lane road, stick to just one lane unless it’s a big group.
4. Whoever is in front leads the group, but also places their bike to block cars when the group is crossing an intersection
5. The group must stay together for safety – it’s literally the name of the ride. If a traffic light turns red after the leaders, the tail of the group must run the light. If the light is red when the leaders get to it, stop and wait. There is no rush, no reason to run lights unnecessarily.
6. Be super friendly, make friends, have fun, smile and wave at drivers, and maybe just accept that rain isn’t so bad on a hot day